The Toyark crew attended the NECA Fan Event 2019 at YESTERcades in Westfield, NJ. We did a bit of live Twitter and Instagram photo sharing (you can see a few of those photos after the jump). We will have a full, high resolution gallery of the displays from the event some time tomorrow. At the event, Randy Falk and a large portion of the NECA team were on hand to meet with fans, talk toys and generally just hang out and have a good time. As a side note, the YESTERcades location proved to be a great choice. It was a nice large arcade, a solid mix of old and somewhat modern games, and a wall of consoles ranging from the common classics (NES, Atar, SNES, Genesis), to the not so common classics (3DO, Jaguar) and all modern machines. The game assortment was outstanding, and the seating was comfy enough. The tone was much more upbeat, fun, and far less formal than a Comic-Con type event.
Both Tony Bacala and myself were on hand, and we met with some great people from NECA and the fans in attendance. While there were some new items on display (see below), the event was aimed much more at letting the fans meet with the people behind the figures, as well as the NECA crew meeting the fans they talk to online, or who are fans of the products. Below, we’ll list off the new reveals or first time packaging displays.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- TMNT Cartoon 2-Pack (Wave 3) – Slash and Leatherhead
- TMNT: Turtles In Time – Shredder
- Hellraiser – Pinhead
- Halloween – Michael Myers
- Packaging Design Revealed
- Shape of Water – Amphibian Man – Production Figure with Diorama
- SDCC 2019 Exclusive In Packaging
Throughout the event, Randy and team took time to talk about upcoming products, including a live sculpting demo for a new reveal! Those were expanded on in the Question and Answers session as well. I took the time to record the entire QnA session. After the jump, you can watch the entire thing (broken into 2 parts). Be warned, this is my first video recording, and it’s a raw “Record and Upload”. It’s just over an hour long in total. Below, I’ll highlight items talked about and announced during the night (check out the videos for more). There were little to no additional details on these.
- Sculpting Demo – Snowflake the Dolphin and Ace’s Dog for a new Ace Ventura 8″ Scale Figure
- TMNT Cartoon Foot Clan 2-Pack coming to target
- TMNT Cartoon Turtles may see a re-release as their own 2-packs with updates
- A TON of TMNT figure in development from the cartoon, the TMNT 1990 Movie, and Secret of the Ooze
- NECA once again has a Hellraiser license, and there’s more to come in the future outside of the Toony Terrors Pinhead
- The next Kenner Aliens figure is a massive Rhino Alien. Large figure; Bigger than a standard Xenomorph, smaller than a Queen.
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters – King Ghidorah is definitely not happening. Target won’t carry it, and that was their only option.
- Strongly hinted (but stopped short of confirming) that the SDCC 2019 TMNT set would see a release individually with changes
- Exploring the possibility of Bill and Ted Face the Music figures (aka bill and Ted 3). Depends on how the characters look, and direction of the film.
- Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees figures will be on hold after all previously in-development figures are released due to legal issues
- A Nightmare On Elm Street license will also be on indefinite hiatus, possibly due to a similar situation as F13
- The NYCC 2019 Exclusive DC vs Dark Horse Sets are Batman vs Joker Alien, and Green Lantern vs Sinestro Corps Predator