Bluefin Brands – The US arm of Bandai and Tamashii Nations, is bringing their full range of products to San Diego Comic Con Special Edition next week. They’ve sent through a large press release outlining what to expect. Check the overview here, and read on to see the full line up.
BLUEFIN HEADS TO SAN DIEGO WITH MASSIVE SHOWCASE OF COLLECTIBLES AND EVENTS FOR COMIC-CON ATTENDEES
Bluefin Will Present a One-of-Kind Exhibition of Its Entire Brand Portfolio Including Special Displays, Product Reveals, Exclusive Collectibles, Giveaways and More including Comic-Con Debuts of Studio Ghibli and MegaHouse as well as a Kamen Rider 50th Anniversary Panel
Anaheim, CA – November 17, 2021. Fans and collectors are experiencing a whole new level of Comic-Con FOMO with today’s news that BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles (Bluefin) will present its largest-ever exhibition in San Diego. For the first time ever at Comic-Con, Bluefin will showcase its entire brand portfolio across a trio of booths totaling 8,000 square feet of exhibit space and offering Comic-Con attendees a one-of-kind experience from Bluefin. In addition to THE GUNDAM BASE SAN DIEGO POP-UP announced last week, Bluefin’s exhibition will also include not only Tamashii Nations, Storm Collectibles, Sentinel Toys and Flame Toys but also BANDAI Shokugan, Blitzway and Nanoblock as well as the Comic-Con debuts of both Studio Ghibli and MegaHouse. On top of its highly-anticipated event exclusive collectibles, attendees can also look forward to special product displays, life-size statues, contests, workshops and exclusive photo ops throughout Bluefin’s three booths – Main Booth (Booth #2218), Tamashii Nations (Booth #1818) and THE GUNDAM BASE SAN DIEGO POP-UP (Booth #1805). Bluefin will welcome guests daily during regular show hours throughout Comic-Con Special Edition 2021 from November 26-28.
And, as previously announced, Bluefin and Team Kamen Rider have partnered with Shout Factory’s TokuSHOUTsu to present a Kamen Rider 50th Anniversary Panel and Premiere Screening Event at Comic-Con Special Edition 2021 on Saturday, November 27. Highlights and details on the Kamen Rider program and Bluefin’s Comic-Con Special Edition 2021 Exhibition are listed below.
Continue reading to check out full details for the event!
KAMEN RIDER 5OTH ANNIVERSARY PANEL AND PREMIERE SCREENING
Kamen Rider 50th Anniversary and Beyond Panel Presented by Team Kamen Rider and TokuSHOUTsu
Saturday, November 27 | 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm | Room: 5AB
David Clarke and A.J. Velasco (Team Kamen Rider) and Ari Schonfeld (TokuSHOUTsu) together with moderator David Edmundson (Bluefin) will discuss upcoming Kamen Rider toy releases and share information of upcoming subbed “Kamen Rider Zero-One” live-action series
“Kamen Rider Zero-One: REALxTIME” Movie Screening Presented by Team Kamen Rider and TokuSHOUTsu
Saturday, November 27 | 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm | Room: 5AB
Enjoy the U.S. Premiere screening of “Kamen Rider Zero-One: REALxTIME” immediately following the Kamen Rider 50th Anniversary and Beyond Panel.
In addition to the Kamen Rider 50th Anniversary Panel and Premiere Screening, the following provides exhibit highlights for each of Bluefin’s brand lines.
TAMASHII NATIONS (Booth #1818)
• Demon Slayer Booth recreates the look of a beautiful Japanese-style building filled with an eye-catching selection of Demon Slayer collectibles available to fans from Tamashii Nations
• FiguartsZERO, Figuarts mini and Proplica lines as well as a display of prototypes from future releases.
• Macross Display is a special Macross exhibition of DX Chogokin, Bandai’s line of Variable Fighter toys.
• One Piece FiguartsZERO Display presents a striking collection of Monkey D. Luffy, Roronoa Zoro and Nami prototypes – the Top 3 characters in the “World Top 100” One Piece Character World Popularity Vote. All three figure designs are based on “DAIKAIZOKU HYAKKEI“ – creator Eiichiro Oda’s WT100 commemorative illustration.
SENTINEL TOYS (Booth #2218)
• Life-size Captain America Statue based on Sentinel’s Fighting Armor Captain America figure.
FLAME TOYS (Booth #2218)
• G1 Nemesis Prime Event Exclusive Figure available in limited quantities for $40.00.
• Power Rangers Figure Display showcases prototypes from Flame Toys’ new Power Rangers collection including both Furai Model Power Ranger kits and the Kuro Kara Kuri Dino Megazord diecast figure.
• Model Workshop provides attendees the opportunity to build a free Flame Toys Furai Model kit.
MEGAHOUSE (Booth #2218)
• MegaHouse’s Comic-Con Debut.
• Othello Tournament offers attendees the chance to play MegaHouse’s Othello board game for a chance to win prizes.
NANOBLOCK (Booth #2218)
• PAC-MAN Collector’s Set Translucent Limited Version Event Exclusive brick set available for $36.00.
• Brick Builder Workshop offers attendees the opportunity to build a free Poké Ball brick set.
• Giant PAC-MAN Guessing Game offers attendees a chance to guess the total number of bricks used for a chance to win prizes like an extremely-limited PAC-MAN 40th Anniversary Edition Xbox Console, an Arcade1Up PAC-MAN Arcade Cabinet and Nanoblock Prize Pack.
• Pokémon and Giant Pikachu Display brings the world of Pokémon to life – reimagined as cute Nanoblock figures.
STUDIO GHIBLI (Booth #2218)
• Studio Ghibli’s Comic-Con Debut
• Giant Totoro Bus Stop Display offers an exclusive opportunity to take a photo with this iconic display that until now could only be experienced at the Studio Ghibli stores in Japan. Share your Totoro photos on social media and tag @WorldofGhibliUS for a chance to win a Studio Ghibli Prize Pack.
• No Face Mask Giveaway provides all attendees a free No Face mask in celebration of the 20th Anniversary of “Spirited Away.”
• Special Selection of Studio Ghibli Merchandise will be available for purchase.
Free “Spirited Away” 20th Anniversary Canvas Bag with purchase while supplies last.
STORM COLLECTIBLES (Booth #2218)
• Event Exclusive Figures available in limited quantities for purchase include:
• • Street Fighter IV – Evil Ryu;
• • Mortal Kombat – Kung Lao;
• • Golden Axe – Death Bringer;
• • Golden Axe – Skeleton Soldiers 2-Pack; and
• • Darkstalkers – Demitri Maximoff
• World First New Product Reveals and First Ever Displays in North America from titles including:
• • Mortal Kombat;
• • Street Fighter;
• • Injustice;
• • Tekken; and
• • Kengan Ashura
BLITZWAY (Booth #2218)
• World First Displays of New Products from:
• • Hellboy;
• • Deus Ex Machina – Nike;
• • Inuyasha; and
• • Hunters
BANDAI SHOKUGAN (Booth #2218)
• Special Selection of Shokugan Limited Release Collectibles will be available purchase from its Adverge Motion, Twinkle Dolly and Tomodachi Doll lines for these fan-favorite IPS:
• • Demon Slayer;
• • Jujutsu Kaisen;
• • Animal Crossing; and
• • Gundam
• G Frame Workshop (Take and Try) Build your own Gundam G Frame kit and it’s yours to keep!
Follow Bluefin on Twitter and Facebook for all its latest Comic-Con news and information.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/bluefinbrands. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/bluefinbrands as well as on Instagram at instagram.com/bluefinbrands and on YouTube at youtube.com/bluefinbrands.
About BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles (Bluefin)
BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles (Bluefin), a BANDAI NAMCO Group company, is a leading master and channel distributor of Japanese toys, collectibles, novelty and hobby products. The company’s extensive product line features a diverse and continually expanding catalog of high quality and popular collectibles from Asia. The company is the sole provider of BANDAI SPIRITS’ Tamashii Nations products in North America and is the official domestic distributor for BANDAI Hobby and BANDAI Shokugan as well as Storm Collectibles. Bluefin is also the official North American consumer products and retail development partner for Studio Ghibli and is the exclusive and official distributor for Mr. Hobby/GSI, Blitzway, SEN-TI-NEL and Flame Toys. For more information, visit bluefinbrands.com.
About Tamashii Nations
Tamashii Nations is a place for products with tamashii (“soul”) instilled by Japanese master craftsmen. Based in Asakusa, Tokyo, we make fully assembled figures for collectors, as a division of Japan’s top toymaker, BANDAI SPIRITS. Thirteen years have passed since the brand was first established in 2007, and today, we now produce 400 new figures annually and offer our products in twenty countries around the world. For more information, visit tamashiinations.com.
About Sentinel Toys
Sentinel International Co., Ltd., is a Hong Kong based designer, manufacturer and distributor of collectible toys and action figures including characters from officially licensed brands like the Marvel Universe as well as original ones like RIOBOT. For more information, visit sentinel-toys.com.
About Flame Toys
Flame Toys is a new collectible toys brand in 2018 and based in Hong Kong. The company is focused on the design, manufacture and distribution of its officially licensed lines of highly-detailed and articulated action figures, model kits and diecast figures based on the Transformers franchise. For more information, visit flametoy.com.
About Storm Collectibles
Storm Collectibles is a Hong Kong based designer and manufacturer of high quality officially licensed collectible action figures and has been distributing its products globally since 2010. With its specialty in combat video games, Storm Collectibles brings classic, iconic gaming characters back to life as well as fan favorite characters from current blockbuster games. For more information, visit stormco.com.hk.
Blitzway prompts a new wave in the action figure world on the basis of the know-how and experience it has accumulated over the years by producing action figures of Asian top celebrities. Producing figures based upon characters from movies, comic books, television programs etc. They make products differentiated from other existing ones with the passion that is constantly seeking excellence. For more information, visit blitzway.com.
About BANDAI Shokugan
Shokugan(SHOKU=food + GAN=toy in Japanese) originally referred to inexpensive yet high quality toys packaged with a piece of candy and sold throughout Japan. Developed by BANDAI more than 30 years ago, Shokugan is beloved by generations of fans and toy collectors of all ages. To bring Shokugan to the rest of the world, BANDAI now distributes the popular collectibles as standalone toys (without candy) to consumers outside of Japan. Ranging from figures and models to puzzles and art boards, Shokugan can be found in hobby and collectible shops in North America and around the globe. As Affordable, collectible and ready-to-play toys, Shokugan are released on a limited-time-only basis and, as such, are highly sought by both fans and collectors. For more information, visit bandai.co.jp
About Kawada Co., Ltd.
Maker of the popular micro construction brick product line Nanoblock, Kawada is an all-around toy coordinating enterprise, based on the concept of “learn, play, enjoy and heal.” Our mission is to continue to communicate the wonder of toys and hobbies – not just to children, but to people of all generations. For more information, visit diablock.co.jp/kawada
MegaHouse is a major Japanese toy manufacturer and BANDAI Group company. Originally founded in 1962 as Kaken, the company was purchased by BANDAI and merged with BANDAI subsidiaries Angel and B-AI in 1997 to become MegaHouse. The origin of the company name is a combination of the acronym Mega, Make (produce) Enjoy (enjoy) Global (worldwide) Ability (talent), and House, which likens the company to a family community. And, as the word mega itself means “huge,” MegaHouse also reflects the company’s philosophy to provide dreams to our customers through its imagination and adventurous spirit. For more information, visit megahobby.jp.
About Studio Ghibli
Studio Ghibli was founded in 1985 by animation directors Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata and is one of the most successful and well-respected animation studios in the world. Cultivating a creative force of talented directors, animators, and storytellers under the revered brilliance of Miyazaki and Takahata, Studio Ghibli’s films have been praised for their originality, dazzling animation, and epic storytelling. The films have become a beloved part of Japanese popular culture and have garnered worldwide acclaim from audiences and critics alike. Hayao Miyazaki’s Spirited Away won the Academy Award® for Best Animated Feature of 2002 and in 2005 Miyazaki was named one of “the most influential people” by TIME Magazine. For more information, visit ghibli.jp.