1. grizzlor has no avatar! grizzlor says

ThunderCatsLair.org has reported the following:

Were you starting to worry that it would be decades before we’d see ThunderCats licensed products hitting shelves again? Never fear, Erick Sosa and the PrototypeZ Studio team are here!

Update in the link.

PrototypeZ Studios

Please don't hotlink from other websites. Please use a photo hosting service to share images. -Toyark Staff

2. Joe Moore's Avatar Joe Moore says

It's a shame that these will just sit. No one buys Thundercats statues. They may get some sales from Lion-O, and a bit less from Mumm-Ra, if at all since this looks too similar to the PCS pose. Anything else will be a waste to produce, regardless of how nice they will look, and Sosa's stuff is usually pretty awesome. Hard Hero, Icon Heroes and Pop Culture Shock learned that lesson the hard way.

3. RKillian's Avatar RKillian says

What somebody needs to do is finish Bandai's 6" or 8" Classics line.

4. grizzlor has no avatar! grizzlor says

It didn't help previous producers that Hard Hero, Pop Culture Shock and Icon Heroes were all releasing statues on top of each other. Warner Brothers gave out too many licenses simultaneously and flooded the market. If any one of the three companies had the elbow room to put out a full line it would have been successful.

If the PrototypeZ T-Cats line has quantities similar to the DC Line they're going to make 200 or less of each character. Nightwing went on sale three days ago and there are 26 left.

Joe I should mention I think the Mumm-Ra model is not indicative of the pose that they will choose to sculpt, it's just to capture the details of Mumm-Ra's costume and characteristics.

5. Joe Moore's Avatar Joe Moore says

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grizzlor View Post
    It didn't help previous producers that Hard Hero, Pop Culture Shock and Icon Heroes were all releasing statues on top of each other. Warner Brothers gave out too many licenses simultaneously and flooded the market. If any one of the three companies had the elbow room to put out a full line it would have been successful.

If the PrototypeZ T-Cats line has quantities similar to the DC Line they're going to make 200 or less of each character. Nightwing went on sale three days ago and there are 26 left.

Joe I should mention I think the Mumm-Ra model is not indicative of the pose that they will choose to sculpt, it's just to capture the details of Mumm-Ra's costume and characteristics.
    I can't really say any of those companies were flooding the market at the same time. Hard Hero was struggling to sell them prior to the launch of TCats 2011, and struggled just as much after. For a time, they were the only producers of anything Thundercats related.

PCS came in a full year after HH was doing their stuff (HH dropped out in 2010 once PCS started doing stuff), with a completely different approach and style. Lion-O sold well enough, but wasn't a huge run. They couldn't keep interest when they were the only guys left standing with statues (having released only 2 characters).

Icon Heroes mini statues weren't competing in the same realm as PCS and HH. They were smaller and more affordable. Even their bigger statues were also lower priced, and really didn't move.

The Thundercats fanbase, right now is terribly small with no potential to grow any time soon. No comic, no toon, no movie. Now, I hope I am proven wrong and will gladly eat my words here. I just fear there isn't much of a market for a $200+ unpainted Lion-O model kit.

6. Leave your reply on the Toyark Forums.

Full Thread: ThunderCats licensed statues confirmed - PrototypeZ Studios

Not a member yet? Join Toyark Now!