1. DevconSupreme has no avatar! DevconSupreme says

Well this news is all fine and dandy, however, I REALLY would prefer the company to make highly articulated action figures instead! Would be nice if they could be on the level of detail and style of Play Arts Kai or something of the like.........I have no use for statues cause the only thing you can do with them is dust them off from time to time.........

2. Joe Moore's Avatar Joe Moore says

But they aren't an action figure company. It wouldn't fall on them to do so. Mezco has the right so make some Thundercats figures. But pretty much every product launch of Thundercats has shown there's very little market interest in the brand. It's one of those weird lines that everyone claims to love, but no one goes out and supports it.

3. deecee4's Avatar deecee4 says

i'm down for this but I'm a little apprehensive about "Not only are we making the characters in action poses, but also subtly re-designing them," as i haven't seen any "improvements" to them that actually improved on their designs. i loved the icon heroes stuff cause it looked like 3d representations of the 80s cartoons..

also when are silverhawks ever gonna get some love? within the last 10 years theres been a couple of companies creating thundercats statues and figures but nothing for silverhawks. its really too bad cause those are some cool looking designs and the old kenner toys never really did them justice.

4. Primacron's Avatar Primacron says

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
    But they aren't an action figure company. It wouldn't fall on them to do so. Mezco has the right so make some Thundercats figures. But pretty much every product launch of Thundercats has shown there's very little market interest in the brand. It's one of those weird lines that everyone claims to love, but no one goes out and supports it.
    But there have only ever been 2 8" figures and 2 6" classic styled posable figures, only 3 different characters! I struggle to believe that MOTU is that much more popular that it can support a line but Thundercats can't.

5. DevconSupreme has no avatar! DevconSupreme says

Ya, I understand. Bandai was doing a good job on the classics line but failed to move forward with more of the original cast past Lion-O and Mummra before everything tanked. Mezco figs are cool lookin and I wish they would scale them down and articulate them more but like you said, the support has to be their and that would come only from us 40 yr olds that grew up with the original show.

6. Joe Moore's Avatar Joe Moore says

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Primacron View Post
    But there have only ever been 2 8" figures and 2 6" classic styled posable figures, only 3 different characters! I struggle to believe that MOTU is that much more popular that it can support a line but Thundercats can't.
    It wasn't just the classics, the main line was a turd bomb as well. Bandai had so many missteps with that line it was just depressing. They had 2 waves of main line figures per year planned, and those were all characters from the first handful of episodes. They didn't sell at near the clip that WB and Bandai had planned for. They also tried to get by with 1 wave of 2 figures per year for Classics planned. when the 8" ones didn't sell, they panicked and switched to 6", which killed any chance of a solid line for Classics.

Also, MOTU is a property that is solely owned by a toy company. Mattel reaps all the rewards for their line and does not have to split profits with a master license holder, allowing for a slightly smaller risk on their part. Thundercats is a licensed brand owned by a media company, who does not produce their own toys. So that brand has to be offered to toy makers as a master license, and sub licenses for every off-shoot toy someone wants to release.

7. Leave your reply on the Toyark Forums.

Full Thread: Thundercats Dioramas Coming

Not a member yet? Join Toyark Now!